Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Introducing Miss Matilda


This is where it all started. I can't believe she is finally done and the pattern is printed and packaged in her envelope. What an undertaking. I learned so much along the way.


It wasn't too long ago when I was swearing that I would never, ever design a doll this big again, but yet I have a big bunny doll in the works. I think I'll name her Bernice. And I'm also thinking about adapting this reindeer pattern for a boy reindeer named Allowishus.


Working on such a large scale is difficult, but you've got to admit Matilda is pretty impressive. Right now, I think she's the best reindeer doll pattern out there.


Next project to finish up? I'm in the middle of two right now: Amelia Earhart and Cyndy Lopper the Christmas bunnies, and my embroidered borders for dish towels and bed linen. Plus I'm also writing some articles on dollmaking and Christmas.

No comments: